Request for registry office registration
- Registry Office
- Registry Office Registration by non-EU Foreign Nationals must be requested by holders of a residence permit or EC long-term residence permit and passport or identity card.
- The applicant must habitually reside in the Municipality where the application is made.
- It is necessary to go to the competent Registry Office, with residence permit or EC long-term residence permit and passport or identity card. Documentation proving civil status, tax file number, Italian licence and vehicle registration cards if held, are also required. In case of transfer of families, the declaration must be represented by the head of the family or by the spouse, filling in a special form provided by the municipality.
- Apart from administration expenses, the cost of the document depends on its use by the applicant. A € 14.62 duty stamp is usually required, except in cases of exemption provided for by law.
- Subject to verification by the Municipal Police, the office sees to registration and issues the certification only afterwards. Times vary from 1 week to 6 months, depending on the case.
- The validity is consistent with that of the residence permit.