The document can be obtained at the following offices:
- The Tourism Invitation Declaration for Foreign Nationals can be requested by an Italian or foreign citizen intending to invite to Italy a foreign national residing in a country subject to visas.
- The Declaration can only be requested for tourism reasons, or for a maximum stay of 3 months.
- It is necessary fill in the special form and send it to the invited person, together a photocopy of an identity document of the inviter and the original of the bank guarantee as a guarantee of means of subsistence, if necessary. In some Municipalities a certified signature is required. The invited person must take the declaration and the enclosures to the Italian Consulate or Embassy in his/her country, which will assess the application and issue the visa. It is always advisable to check the documentation required by each Italian Embassy, by visiting the website.
- The cost of the Declaration is limited to administration expenses of about € 1, and a € 14.62 duty stamp is generally required for certification of the signature, when required.
- The Declaration is valid for 6 months from the date of issue, within which it must be produced at the Embassy.